Pretty peg tables


Here's the latest from my living room - two peg tables that I designed. It's pretty basic, nothing out of this world but may give you a couple of ideas on how to take something simple and give it your own personal twist.




The brief: compact peg tables to keep on the side of my new cane couch; a resting place for cups/ glasses and maybe a small bowl of nuts.


The design principle: non-fussy yet stylish; introduce an element that transforms it from being plain Jane to fun. 


Break through idea: using the tiles that I picked up while holidaying in Napa Valley earlier this year! 





I had bought these tiles thinking that they would make an interesting souvenir and could go up on my cafe wall - they had hooks at the back and were quite in line with the cafe theme. Then one day, as I was looking at my pretty tiles, it struck me that these were just the perfect size for the peg tables that I needed; a simple two inch wooden frame around it, and I was set to go! 














When I drew out my first sketch, I had given these table straight legs and just a simple shelf at the bottom. But it looked too basic; it needed some more drama so I decided to incline the legs slightly, like a painter/ artist's stool. Just that little twist made the design so much more appealing. I threw in a tiny little drawer as well and it was just what I was looking for.







Using these tiles on my table was so much better than hanging them up on a wall. It's fully OCD-proof as well coz now I don't worry about people not using coasters on the table top; and it adds a fabulous twist to just a simple little 4-legged table. 







So, what do you guys think?

LihatTutupKomentar